The integrated North Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service is a partnership between Cyrenian House and Next Step.
The service provides individuals and their families with improved access to a comprehensive range of alcohol and other drug services from one location.
Cyrenian House provides counselling and support for individuals and their families.
Next Step provides medical and psychological services.
Services provided include free and confidential:
- Assessment and referral.
- Counselling including single session (adult, youth and family).
- Group programs.
- Diversion programs for people referred by police and the courts.
- Services for youth (including support for schools).
- Services for people referred by other agencies including mental health, corrective services, child protection and general practitioners.
- Case management including shared care.
- Withdrawal services including home-based withdrawal management (through DAWN).
- Clinical psychology.
- Medical assessment and review.
- Opiate and alcohol pharmacotherapy.
- Community based prevention and community development activities.
The integrated service is available from our offices at:
- 10 Clarke Crescent, Joondalup
- 26 Dugdale Street, Warwick
In addition, St John of God Hospital Subiaco’s Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Network (DAWN) is available at most locations to assist people to manage their withdrawal from alcohol/drug use in the home environment. DAWN’s experienced nurses work closely with the client’s doctor and provide regular visits during withdrawal.
Accessing North Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service:
To access support from NMCADS, please call us to complete a phone assessment so we can determine how best to assist you. For GP’s or other agencies wishing to refer a client please complete our agency referral form and fax/email direct to NMCADS.